English Teaching Opportunities at Yulin University
Yulin City, Shaanxi, PRC
Three to Four full time native English teachers are wanted every year. Contracts are for one academic year (eleven months) or longer, beginning in September.
We are looking for English speakers, preferably from English-speaking countries. No other qualifications are necessary, but it is preferable to have one or more of the following:
-Hold a university degree/be a current university student.
-Previous teaching experience.
-Certification to teach English as a second language, such as ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL.
Also, applicants must be under 60 years of age and be in good health.
Foreign teachers each are assigned teaching hours by the University. The average teaching hours for each foreign teacher will not exceed 14 hours per week. In addition, the foreign teachers collectively share in the responsibility of managing the Foreign Languages Department’s extracurricular activities, including Chat Room, English Corner, and the English language student newspaper. Also, foreign teachers serve as judges during the University’s English Speech Contest, and are occasionally asked to do other work as well.
l Contract Benefits
1. Monthly salary (after tax): 5000 RMB Yuan;
2. Accommodation: You are provided with a heated, rent-free apartment which includes at least one bedroom, study, living room, kitchen, bathroom, toilet, etc., and which is furnished with a wardrobe，a bookcase, a desk, a chair, a bed, a quilt and mattress, a pillow, curtains, shower, a TV set, free gas, water and electricity, a refrigerator, a washing machine, a microwave oven, cooking facilities, a direct-line telephone with international calling capabilities (Free local calls; Fees for long-distance phone calls NOT exceeding 40 RMB Yuan per month are also paid by the University.), a computer with free Internet access, and a printer.
3. Health and Medical Care: You are provided with all possible assistance if you are sick. The University will be responsible for your medical care during your work period at Yulin University, and will cover all costs not in excess of 400 RMB Yuan. Costs in excess of that sum must be met by the foreign teacher.
4. Holidays: You will enjoy one paid vacation (usually winter) of approximately 40 days during the period of contract, as well as all Chinese legal public holidays.
5. Travel Bonus: You will be paid 2,200 RMB Yuan travel bonus when one academic year contract is finished.
6. Relevant Certificates: The University will make necessary arrangements for and provide free of charge all official documents needed for you to work at the University including residence permit, foreign experts card and physical examination record in China (You are expected to pay your visa to enter China).
7. International Airfare: You will be paid a round-trip economy class international air ticket between China and your country and a round-trip domestic economy class air ticket between Yulin and Beijing.
8. Sick and Private Affairs Leave: Up to 30 days consecutive paid sick leave with note from doctor and up to 7 days consecutive paid private affairs leave upon approval of the University.
9. Free Daily Chinese language classes: You are allowed to attend, free of charge, Chinese language classes offered to international students.
l Additional Benefits
1. Full time 24 hours support.
2. Official letter of invitation and sponsorship for visas and permits.
3. Local sightseeing tour during vacations.
4. Pick-up at Yulin airport or Yulin bus/train terminal.
We have a cafeteria for both the staff and students. Meals typically cost 3-5 RMB Yuan per person.
Outside the school gate there is a wide variety of restaurants, with cooking styles from, among other regions, Lanzhou, Sichuan, and Heilongjiang. Prices vary widely, but normally meals outside the campus run from 5 – 10 RMB Yuan per person.
You will have a kitchen in your apartment which will allow you to cook for yourself as well. Also, you are likely to find that students, other teachers or the University will occasionally invite you to dinner.
You may contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org@163.com
Our post address is: Gao Jili
International Affairs Office, Yulin University
Yulin City 719000, Shaanxi, PRC
Tel: +86-912-3896329 or +86-13571259626
Contact person: Gao Jili
Director, International Affairs Office, Yulin University